IAP Honors Top Performing Teams with Eagle Awards
Cape Canaveral, FL – IAP team members at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center Base Operations Support Project (WRAMC) were awarded the coveted Crystal Eagle Award for the best overall performing project for 2011. Five other IAP projects were honored with 2011 Gold Eagle Awards as top performers in their business segments.
The annual Eagle Awards recognize the IAP personnel at projects around the world who meet and exceed both their customer’s objectives and IAP’s performance goals. Projects are evaluated by an independent review board based on the following criteria: Commitment to Success; Total Project Management; Budgetary Controls and Procurement Activities; Environmental, Safety and Health; Quality and Customer Satisfaction; and community participation.
IAP President J. Spencer “Spence” Wickham, who announced the awards, said, “My thanks go to every employee on each Eagle project team. Our Eagle achievers teach us all how we can truly deliver excellence for our customers when we put best practices and innovative thinking into action. They are valuable contributors to our success as a company, and I feel privileged to serve with them.”
The Walter Reed team provided such exemplary service throughout their base operations support contract that the customer awarded IAP the Caretaker contract when WRAMC closed its doors in September. IAP is proud of the group who served with a philosophy of 100% accountability to provide superb facility maintenance as well as outstanding recreation, dining and transportation services.
The Gold Eagle Award honorees included:
- Forward Operations Base Leatherneck Power Plant and Distribution. In support of the War on Terror in Afghanistan, the IAP team at Camp Leatherneck maintained 100% power plant reliability with no injuries or incidents. They saved the customer more than $200,000 during the most recent expansion of the electrical distribution system.
- Patuxent River Naval Station Base Operations Support. After more than 18 years as the base operations contractor the IAP team continued to provide proactive maintenance and a high level of customer satisfaction while exceeding every financial performance metric for the year. The team employs an automated, work-control system to maintain about 10,000 pieces of equipment.
- NATO Maintenance and Supply Agency (NAMSA) Air Traffic Management. The IAP team maintained a perfect safety record with no aircraft accidents at one of the world’s busiest single runway airports, the Kandahar Airfield in Afghanistan. The group provides power production, air conditioning, logistics, IT support, airfield management, navigation equipment maintenance and air traffic control support.
- Kandahar Airfield Role 3 Medical Operations and Maintenance. Serving both NAMSA and the U.S. Navy medical staff, the IAP team successfully operated, maintained and cleaned the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) at Kandahar while maintaining a perfect safety record. NATO plans to adopt processes and systems developed by the IAP team for future medical facilities. The team’s superior performance led to an IAP medical facility contract award at Kabul International Airport.
- Global Health Support Initiative II. Wherever the U.S. Agency for International Development has needed public health expert support around the world, the IAP team has risen to the challenge while also meeting all its performance goals. Serving multiple time zones, team members are available to assist the customer 24/7.
IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. is a leading international contractor providing global mission support for commercial industries, the Department of Defense, and other U.S. government agencies. The Company operates in three lines of business: Global Operations and Logistics, Base Operations Support Services, and Professional and Technical Services.
IAP’s corporate headquarters is located in Cape Canaveral, Florida, and the company employs more than 7,000 people at over 120 locations worldwide. IAP’s website can be accessed at www.iapws.com.